Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Conversation with Me, Myself and I

“When is this going to happen?”
“Maybe it won’t.”
"Of course it will, this is meant to be”.
“Who am I kidding; nothing in life is for sure.”
“I wonder how old he will be.”
“I wonder if she will have lots of hair."
“He will be beautiful."
"Don't get too excited, nothing has happened yet."
“I hope there are no more delays."
“Of course there will be more delays; there have been delays every month since the start.”
“Maybe something will happen this month.”
"Maybe I will get the call at work this week."
“Unlikely.”
"Are we going to be one of those families that EVERYTHING goes wrong?"
"We are going to be one of those families that everything goes right and your baby will be home before we know it!"
"Why hasn't my case worker contacted me?"
"Probably avoiding me because of more delays."
"I wonder if her hair will be hard to take care of."
"I won't have to worry as much about the hair with him."
"I have a long time to wait still."
"I can't believe that we might not even have a referral by summer."
"Everything happens for a reason blah blah blah"
"I wonder if we will meet his birth family."
"How old will she be?"
"Where will I be when they call?"
"They are never going to call."
"Why is it taking so long?"
"I need to see that beautiful face."

And so on and so on...over and over...

What do you talk to yourself about??????

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

I think it is possible I had that same conversation with myself! I really can relate!


Carolyn

The Mannings said...

i think i have parts of that conversation every day!!! i am right there with ya!
Brenda

Ranavan said...

Oh my! We are having the exact same conversations with ourselves.

Coldwater Mom said...

Had that same conversation right up to referral. You are normal. It will happen. I didn't believe it. In fact, I gave up the morning of June 3, truly. That afternoon we had our referral. I bet he has a head FULL of hair.

L

Ramona said...

I'm not sure If I've ever commented on here... But I too have had the same conversations... Only often they ended up not being in my head but spoken aloud to myself... And Like Leanne, I had them the whole morning until our "referral call"...
Ramona

Ramona said...

I'm such an idiot... I knew I was commenting on your blog... but had just come back from taking my carpool to school and for some reason saw a different name open on a tab above and suddenly thought this was someone else's blog so I added the part about not know If I'd ever commented... then hit send and thought Hello... this is Laura's blog!!! Just ignore me today... I'll go now... and will be cheering you on on Sunday... Yeah...

Maria said...

LOL and I thought I was the only one who had those kind of conversations with her self, thanks for sharing!!

Kirsten said...

Ohhhhhh....I have those conversations all the time....sometimes I talk to my dogs about it (the keenly listen tilting their heads hoping for the word "treat" to come up) ....sometimes I say them outloud when I am alone at home....and other times I just make my husband listen to the million what if this happens or what will we do when...etc. I find it helps to have these crazy little conversations, like if I stop thinking about it then our dream will never come true.

Kirsten

lyndsey said...

I hear ya... I do that all the time. It is a constant voice I try to drown out... i mostly tell myself... "don't think about it"..... "don't get your hopes up"...... "try to think of ANYTHING else" etc.
L

Stephanie said...

How did you get inside my head?!!!! Hang in there.....our time is coming!

Steph :-)

Good luck with your marathon!!