Saturday, March 07, 2009

Nothing

Months ago, with each event/meeting I planned I would get a little excited inside thinking "the next time I am at this meeting" or "the next time I see these people"..."I will be sharing my referral news". All of these moments dawned on me the other day when I was sitting in a quarterly meeting at work and remembered that this was one of the first meetings that I thought "the next time I sit in this room I will be showing everyone pictures of our new babe." I would play out these moments in my mind - what I would say, how I would feel, how others would react...but now as these events come and go I have nothing to say, nothing to share, nothing...

4 comments:

lyndsey said...

I did that too, but not so much anymore...... The longer it takes the harder it gets to visualize it actually happening..... apparently one day it will happen (so I'm told)

Lavonne said...

Oh boy, do I ever know how you feel. For months I planned things at work and wondered "will I have to attend that meeting?". I've stopped asking that question and now instead think "I guess I'll still be here for that meeting etc." The more time that passes the harder it is to think that way and the more pessimistic you get. Blah.

Melissa said...

Hm. That's sad eh, to have these expectations and plans, and from what you knew then, it was pretty realistic to think. Sorry for the disappointment. Hopefully next quarterly meeting?

Coldwater Mom said...

I think the worst for me is when someone says... "Didn't you say you'd be home with your baby by now..."

Just continue to dream of the many years to come...