Thursday, June 24, 2010

If you won't do it for you - do it for us.

My husband has a bad habit. Well, OK, he has several, but most of his bad habits are more annoying or goofy, then anything else. BUT he has one bad habit that is reckless and frankly, just stupid... he doesn't always wear his seat belt.

When he is with me, he is always wearing it, because he knows better! But sometimes when he is alone in the car, he admits that he doesn't always buckle-up. I have been telling him for a long time now "Don't do it for you, do it for us!!" The other day I was sent this ad from the UK, which finally puts a picture to the words I try to express to Chad. It is so powerful and heart-hitting, I thought I would share with you:



I love you Sweetheart, I just want you to be safe - for you...and us!

4 comments:

Natalie and Chris said...

wow, this left me speechless. thank you for sharing

Lavonne said...

what??? chad doesn't wear a belt??? after he told me about the whole proper car seat handle thing??? i'm astonished and now his words hold slightly less weight!!!!!

Stephanie said...

That is so well done....if that doesn't speak to him I don't know what will!

Steph :-)

Janice said...

That's a good one.

When T and I lived in NZ they had some really powerful and graphic commercials (mostly about how dangerous speeding can be) but I have never forgotten them... I hope this one helps... Clearly not all commercials are a waste of time.

Janice